Lower East Side Coffee Shop
500 E 14th St (btwn 1st Ave and Ave A)
New York, NY 10009
- "It's just kind of a great old place, you know. Watery coffee. It's one of the last shitty old places in New York." - Louis CK - in Episode 9 of Louis on FX (filmed at this coffee shop diner.)
- If you order the Toasted Jumbo Bagel with Lox & Cream Cheese, they will literally serve you an entire salmon.
- Chocolate shake and a bowl of matzo ball soup. THE best matzo ball soup on the island. period. it is over salted and divine and not trying to pretend to be your grandmother's soup. i love it here.
- the fries are amazing
- Sharpen your butter knife when you get there. Service is so damn slow that by the time your order comes out, your knife would have turned into a dagger just in time for the zombie apocalypse.
- Delicious late night breakfast food
- It's hard to find great matzoh ball soup in the city, but they've nailed it. Eggs, hashbrowns and turkey bacon are all amazing too!!!
- Unfortunately, the coffee tastes like burnt, watered down Folgers with a splash of Windex. Dig the food, stay away from the namesake Joe.
- matzoh ball soup all day erryday
- If you love traditional NYC diners welcome home.
- A 24-hour, classic old-school New York diner. Cheap and straight forward.
- Such a classic
- This place is not bad.
- Breakfast, fresh food, good and personal service
- the greatest brunch
- Here is a new tip!
- Wonderful coffee, super delicious carrot cake, and fantastic service.
- Cheap and fast, $10 card minimum
- Such good coffee!
- Classic delicious diner food. Go for the 2 eggs, potatoes and bacon.