Beach, Surf Spot, Nightlife
Long Beach, NY 11561
- Nice, clean beach - only 30 minutes on the LIRR from NYC!
- I love long beach !!!!! Love living here !!!
- Before hurricane sandy long beach was a great area. After the rebuilt it will once again become better.
- Best place to live on the Island
- Beach it up during the day and head west for the nightlife. The Inn, The Beach House, and Minnesotas are the top bars. Don't swim if the lifeguards aren't there. Seriously, stop doing that.
- night spots are in the west end
- If you want to move away from the crowds of Jones Beach, then go to Long Beach. Fine sand and the waves aren't rough.
- Make sure to take a run on the boardwalk! It's a beautiful thing :-)
- Best island in NY....once you get the Long Beach sand in your shoes it is hard to get it out!
- Nice clean beach. There was a lot of ppl but it didn't feel overcrowded.
- Moonlit walk under the stars at midnight, refreshing salt mist as you walk barefoot, is heavenly and calms the soul. Sweet serenity and simplicity. Nothing beats it.
- Beautiful weather clean air. Nice boardwalk reserved for me and my wife only :-)
- For years locals have known that the waves were the finest on all of the East Coast but now they are getting the credit they deserve for surfing waves challenging enough for any rider, amateur to pro.
- Love LB...
- Great beach, but mind the $12 cover
- nice beach if you don't wanna go too far away from Manhattan. The beach is clean. Only $7 to get in over summer season.
- Price rose from $12 to $15
- Clean and quiet!
- this beach is clean and less crowded... because it costs $12 a person to go to. get a LIRR summer deal, which includes round-trip train fare and the beach pass for a bit cheaper if you're traveling in
- New boardwalk (well, the part of it already rebuilt) opened up a week ago or so. Is awesome.