Three times a week, The Daily Byte rounds up stories worth reading and blogs worth following.
• Turons, Filipino fried banana rolls, are dressed up with a honey-pepper sauce. [Buttered Up]
• Oscar Wilde lends poetry to a gorgeous meal of foraged mushrooms, polenta, and a poached farm egg. [The Spinning Plate]
• A cook mixes a whole butternut squash and a head of cauliflower into macaroni and cheese. [Kitchen Thymes]
• Perfect fall party favors to keep guests warm. [Valley & Co.]
• Papoutsaki, Greek stuffed eggplants, look like the perfect snack. [La Bonne Bouche]
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.