What makes great cooking and entertaining blogs? Smart and engaging content that focuses on a particular subject matter, accompanied most often by great photography and a hefty dose of opinion. The Daily Meal is dedicated to sifting through the vast array of content gracing the food blogosphere in order to deliver a daily sampling of the stories worth reading and the blogs worth following.
• Taking on a delicious baking challenge with Rhubarb and Blood Orange Bars. [Devil & Egg]
• Tacking the basics of school lunch prep. [The Parsley Thief]
• Making a two-minute dinner with the help of leftovers. [Dinner: A Love Story]
• Using bribery to get your kids to eat their vegetables. [Words to Eat By]
• The beauty of letting your creativity run free in the kitchen. [Not Eating Out in New York]
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.