What makes a great drink blog? Smart and engaging content that focuses on a particular subject matter, accompanied most often by great photography and a useful set of tips. The Daily Meal is dedicated to sifting through the vast array of content gracing the food blogosphere in order to deliver a daily sampling of the stories worth reading and the blogs worth following.
• A review of Whiskey Disks, which are made of soapstone so as not to dilute your drink. [Erin's Food Files]
• A collection of inspired cocktails featuring the season's best fruits and herbs. [Smith & Ratliff]
• How to make strawberry and blueberry-lime soda at home — no machine required! [Heat Oven to 350°]
• Don Russell names MGD 64 Lemonade the worst beer in the world. [Joe Sixpack]
• Join in the grilled cocktails trend with this smoky margarita recipe. [Grill Grrrl]
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.