Three times a week, The Daily Byte rounds up stories worth reading and blogs worth following.
• Add some ginger to vodka and make these light, citrusy cocktails to celebrate Chinese New Year (right). [Boulder Locavore]
• What to do if you have a citrus allergy? Make friends with whiskey and port. [The Hairpin]
• Homemade Baileys Irish Cream is a great way to start your morning. Oops, did we say morning? [Spabettie]
• Do brown sherries improve after opening? One blogger taste tests his way to a conclusion. [Brooklynguy's Wine and Food Blog]
• Wine guides can be boring, so read this Japanese manga series about a wine critic's long lost child. [Vinography]
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.