Three times a week, The Daily Byte rounds up stories worth reading and blogs worth following.
• Balancing salt, caramel, chocolate, and caffeine is tricky; perhaps this blogger got it right (above).[Back to her Roots]
• It's party season! Here's what you should bring to your next get-together. [Snooth]
• How do you make eggnog without eggs? The Hairpin taste tested mulitple recipes and found the winning ingredient: avocado. [The Hairpin]
• Need some Friday eye candy? Here are some good-lookin' bartenders. [Alcademics]
• Sam Adams switched up their "Winter Classics" variety pack, and this blogger reviewed the Black & Brew addition. The verdict? "It would make a great dessert beer to have with cakes or some kind of chocolate stuff." [The Brew Club]
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.