Three times a week, The Daily Byte rounds up stories worth reading and blogs worth following.
• A simple and brilliant "Melons and Cheese" salad of watermelon, farmer cheese, and celery leaves at a modern Southern food joint in Miami (above). [Food for Thought]
• Oh! Sushi plates Nutella Maki rolls for dessert in another modern take on sushi (right). [Fatgirl Hedonist]
• This gorgeous hotel in Scottsdale, Ariz., takes on the colors of a desert sunset. [Honestly WTF]
• A food-loving blogger chooses her best bites of 2011, including a meal at Noma and the best gelato in Rome. [Parla Food]
• Reviewing Cupcake Wars' winner Hotcakes' cupcakes in Los Angeles. [Best of LA]
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.