Three times a week, The Daily Byte rounds up stories worth reading and blogs worth following.
• Bite-sized pastelillos from a street-food cart. [Eating in Translation]
• A blogger finds casu marzu (or rotten cheese filled with maggots) at Ornella Trattoria in Astoria, N.Y., and takes a queasy close-up video. [Amuse * Bouche]
• Check out this "Magic Mountain Lodge" in Chile, a volcano-shaped hotel covered in rainforest vines and moss. [Honestly WTF]
• Take a behind-the-scenes look at the dumpling-making machine that is Alhambra's Green Chopsticks. [Deep End Dining]
• A birthday girl celebrates at David Chang's new Sydney spot, Momofuku Seiōbo. [Sugarpuffi]
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.