Three times a week, The Daily Byte rounds up stories worth reading and blogs worth following.
• Gorgeous Penang food in Singapore, rounded off with a stunning shot of assam laksa. [Miss Tam Chiak]
• Annabel discovers the joys of avocado toast at New York’s Cafe Gitane. [Blushing Ambition]
• New flavors at J'aime les Macarons "Stop & Smell the Macarons" event included fresh-cut grass and basil and lime. [Bron Marshall]
• A full five minutes of wanderlusting through Bali in this gorgeous video. [Vimeo/artisland]
• Everything tastes better fried, even preserved eggs and pork liver. [Eat to Blog]
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.