What makes great dining and travel blogs? Smart and engaging content about specific subject matter accompanied by great photography and a hefty dose of in-the-know opinion. The Daily Meal delivers round-ups of stories worth reading and blogs worth following.
• Watch Red Rooster chef Marcus Samuelsson prepare a full meal in stop motion animation. [Nowness]
• A love letter to San Francisco's Mr. Pollo. [KelsEats]
• A guide to San Francisco through David Lebovitz's recent return to the city, starting with Chez Panisse's anniversary weekend. [David Lebovitz]
• Fashion photographer Scott Schuman hits up Indiana's Bazbeaux Pizza and tests his hand at food photography. [The Sartorialist]
• Take a last minute vacation to Panama, with tortilla española at René Cafe. [Feisty Foodie]
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.