What makes great cooking and entertaining blogs? Smart and engaging content that focuses on a particular subject matter, accompanied most often by great photography and a hefty dose of opinion. The Daily Meal is dedicated to sifting through the vast array of content gracing the food blogosphere in order to deliver a daily sampling of the stories worth reading and the blogs worth following.
• A rhubarb-filled dessert recipe inspired by Nightwood in Chicago. [Lottie + Doof]
• One woman's quest to find perfect granola recipe for her family. [Whipped]
• Brighten up your weekend breakfast with this Bread Pudding French Toast recipe. [Bon Appétempt]
• Warm weather outfits inspired by the earthy tones of artichokes. [Coco + Kelley]
• Awaken your nostalgic senses with this Vanilla Buttermilk Cake with Instant Fudge Frosting. [Sweetapolita]
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.