Lincoln Park Zoo
2001 N Clark St (btwn Fullerton Pkwy & LaSalle Dr)
Chicago, IL 60614
- The Lincoln Park Zoo is free and open 365 days a year. http://bit.ly/alwaysfree
- FREE and fabulous -- you'll find everything from gorillas and lions to penguins and polar bears.
- One of the last zoos in America to have free admission. See some animals and then bring the kids to story time on Wednesday and Friday 9:15-10am.
- Est. in 1868, the zoo is among the oldest & most modern zoological gardens in the country. Its intimate setting enables guests to experience the thrill of getting up close to different animals.
- BEST free Zoo I've ever been to!
- Interact with some of the most amazing and adorable animals in this old zoo, and see animal houses such as a mammal-reptile house, Kovler Lion House, Antelope & Zebra Area, and Waterfowl Lagoon. Free!
- The zoo is always free. With kids, be sure to stop in the Children's Zoo and visit the Farm. Their holiday Zoo Lights display is a lot of fun!
- At 49 acres, this zoo is one of the last in the nation offering free admission. Guests look through modern glass enclosures for a nose-to-nose encounter with gorillas and chimpanzees.
- The zoo was founded in 1868, when the Lincoln Park Commissioners were given a gift of a pair of swans. In 1874, the swans were joined by a bear cub, the first animal purchased for the zoo.
- The wildest spot in Chicago in the shadow of skyscrapers has been a natural, free oasis for generations of animal lovers.
- First thing inside the zoo, on the right: THE BUNNY HUTCH! Two huge bunnies live here and they are cu-ute!
- amazing zoo. free and outstanding exhibits.
- Check out Zoo Lights during the holidays. Grab a cup of hot chocolate or bring your own spiked version. Don't forget your camera
- In December the zoo is transformed into a kingdom of twinkling lights which makes for a lovely stroll.Admission is free and the zoo is open daily.
- The zoo is open 365 days a year, so you have flexibility for when you want to go! It's one of the last zoos to have FREE admission, so poor college kids, take advantage!
- They filmed the zoo scenes in Baby's Day Out here (the gorilla cage scene was actually in the cat house).
- Find the statute of the fairy.
- Part yoga pavilion, part outdoor classroom, the South Pond Pavilion at Chicago's Lincoln Park Zoo is a stunning architectural statement located along the Zoo's new Nature Boardwalk.
- Enter at the east gate and go directly to the Gateway Pavilion to pick up a free visitor's guide from the information center and a stroller.Powered by ParentsConnect.com