Check out our editors' picks for this week's top food section recipes.
• Nate Smith makes a case for rutabaga with this smashed rutabaga and carrots recipe.
• A "lazy" lemon tart that "only" takes one hour and 20 minutes.
• Serve these to your sweetie: Dark chocolate and cherry ganache bars.
• Sure, tofu has a bad rep, but pair tofu with peanut sauce and it's sure to wow your guests.
• Goat looks like it might be the next big thing, so get a head start with these Billy Goat meatballs.
• Take Lidia Bastianich's scaloppine recipe, toss the veal, and make it light with chicken or turkey instead.
• Prep for a romantic evening by making this mango-chocolate mousse ahead of time.
• Cupcake Wars' Doron Petersan shares her champagne vegan cupcakes recipe, topped with passion fruit frosting — a perfect indulgence for a girls' night out.
Wall Street Journal
• A classic calorie-loaded banana cream pie loses calories, with low-fat substitutions and sweetened condensed milk.
Portland Press Herald
• The perfect side dish to a romantic evening: peas, prosciutto, and chives.
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.