The Library at The NoMad
Hotel Bar, Cocktail
$ $ $
1170 Broadway (at 28th St) (at 28th St)
New York, NY 10001
- The extensive cocktail list, executed by a literal assembly line of bartenders, is made of a small collection of classics as well as over 30 of their own selections, all overseen by Leo Robitschek.
- Go up the spiral staircase. Take a photo and then ask for permission.
- OH: "this place is like the ace hotel lobby for adults"
- "Start me up" is the way to go!
- To find the restroom, you must go through the lobby, down a Super Mario warp pipe, bribe the Orc to pass, go through the double doors, defeat Bowser, then descend down a spiraling staircase.
- Order an off-the-menu Matchlock because it's the bomb: bourbon, rum, grapefruit, vanilla, mint, and then some. It's refreshing, but stiff, and I never wanted it to end.
- This stunning bar has expertly crafted cocktails, and has become one of our favorite hotel bars to visit. Let the hostess know to reserve you a table in the library - it's first come first served.
- Iced coffee and sweetbread for the win.
- Start with the Start Me Up!
- Great place to get some work done while enjoying great coffee and pastries. The cocktails are great too I you're feeling frisky.
- Check out the books. You might find a surprise.
- Perfect ambiance with a well organized menu to match - light spirits or dark spirits, they're all delicious.
- If the bar is too crowded, try snagging a seat at the adjoining Library, a room adorned with plush seating and books and an antique spiral staircase from France.
- gr8 spot 4 a mtg in the morning + they have intelligentsia
- Add this of places to meet for drinks in the Flatiron Area
- Try the Hairtrigger and the Satan's Circus
- @Coverpay would be good here since service is a bit inattentive
- An old fashioned.
- Best desserts!!!
- This magnificent 3,500 expertly curated tomes. Nab a cocktail at the bar and look through two floors worth of books, accessible by a spiral staircase. Titles cover medieval history to Audrey Hepburn.