Lands End Lookout
Scenic Lookout, National Park
22 Merrie Way (at Point Lobos Ave)
San Francisco, CA 94121
- Get here early for sublime birding in the dawn hours, grab an egg sandwich from Louies and hike down to the ruins. Warm up with a cappuccino when the cafe opens at 9 am.
- Follow the signs to Mile Rock beach. When you've almost reached bottom of stairs (~200 steps!), veer to the right up a hill to a plateau with mini-labyrinth, incredible view of the Golden Gate.
- Some of the best hiking in the city. Be sure to bring a jacket, the wind can be heavy.
- Romantic place for a picnic, walk, and sunset.
- A part of the Golden Gate National Recreation Area. A romantic and scenic spot to capture the Golden Gate Bridge and watch the bay and ocean come together.
- Souvenirs and coffee are amazing!
- Read about the hotel and bath ruins. Amazing.
- Bring a jacket. It's COLD!
- Beautiful view of the ocean and the bridge.
- Some people might mention it as a parking lot, I on the other hand know it as my office.
- The view of the ocean is breathtaking.
- We loved this perspective of golden gate with the beautiful nature so close to the city. We will definitely be back.
- We were here in 70 weather no wind! Beautiful! Whales were spouting near but hard to get a pic with this phone.
- Always bring jacket, it is windy, have comfy walking shoes for 30 mins or more hike for view of Golden Gate Bridge
- Beautiful shady hike! On sunny days you can see the Golden Gate Bridge
- Gorgeous view
- Beautiful Pacific Ocean views, especially at dawn and dusk.
- Look out! The land is ending!
- Great views of the Sutro Baths from up here. For some good exercise, walk all the different trails.