- 1 1/3 pounds ground lamb, preferably locally-sourced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes, or more if you like spice
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons sparkling water
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together. Be careful not to overmix.
Heat a small sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add a bit of oil, enough to coat the bottom of the pan. Roll one small meatball in the palm of your hands, about the size of a tablespoon. Brown meatball on all sides until cooked through, about 4 minutes. This is your taste-tester. Depending on its flavor, add more seasoning or pepper as you prefer, continuing to cook test meatballs until they taste right. When the seasoning is perfected, roll the remainder of the lamb into small meatballs, about 1 tablespoon of meat per meatball. Brown meatballs in a large skillet over medium-high heat until brown on all sides, about 4 minutes. Remove onto a paper towel-lined plate.
Add to your favorite sauce, make a delicious meatball hero, or just enjoy on their own.