132 Crosby St (btwn Prince & Houston St)
New York, NY 10012
- This place has been serving Indian food 24 hours a day since 1995!
- The chai is like how good Indian aunties make it!
- The samosa with chickpeas is really good. They cover one ($3) or two ($5) samosas with chana, then add a yogurt sauce and a tamarind sauce. The chana crumbles into the samosa and the flavors combine.
- According to cabbies, this is the best chai tea spot in the city.
- get yogurt sauce with your samosa
- This is how it works: For $ 5 you get a dish of rice to which you can add three sides of your choice (okra, eggplant, lentil, lam, chicken, fish and daily specials).
- Chicken sandwich is $4, served on a big, flat hamburger bun with shredded lettuce, tomato, onion and mayo, and is awesome. Get a $1 veggie samosa while you're at it.
- Chicken sandwich is $4 and tasty. Get a samosa too if you're hungry. Add chickpeas ("chole") to the samosa if you're really hungry.
- 5 dollars for 2 samosas and chickpeas!
- Hole in the wall where all the cabbies go so you know it's authentic. Best samosa in the city, and the chai and chicken sandwich are tasty too.
- Hidden treasure ... though increasingly well known to locals & Taxi drivers alike. Excellent ground chicken curry among other dishes.
- They make the first batch of fresh biryani at 11am for the cabbie lunch rush and the next batch at 3:30pm. Also try the fantastic meat-filled pastry puffs.
- The chai here is hands down the best I've had in NYC. Chai is always brewed fresh and never stored in a thermos so you get a piping hot cup of chai every time. Flavored with a hint of Cardamom.
- This, easy to miss, cheap (we're talking $1 samosas) hole-in- the-wall is a popular cabby joint in West Soho. You won't hear much English, but we're not complaining.
- Cheapest, most delicious hole-in-the-wall in SoHo.
- Might want to try those chicken patties. They might be delicious
- Get the veggie platter! Chickpeas, lentils, and cauliflower is my favorite combo.
- I'm a wuss and I don't like bones in my meat. If you're like me opt for the chopped chicken.
- Dollar samosas never fail. Dollar-fifty Chai is the best thing you never knew you were missing. That door to the left? It's a bathroom!
- Slim takeout shop that caters to taxi drivers, not bad for a late night snack.