Lady Bird Lake Trail
Lady Bird Lake
Austin, TX 78746
- Lady Bird Lake Trail is a 10-mile loop in the heart of the city. Mile 0 starts at Auditorium Shores, crosses over Interstate 35 into East Austin and loops back around toward the MoPac Bridge.
- (4.2 mi) Park beneath the Mopac Bridge, cross the lake at the South 1st bridge and loop back to Mopac. Water coolers there to greet you at the start and finish!
- Get out of the bikers' and runners' way if you're just going on a stroll. Austin has a lot of fit people. If you're too slow, you'll incur their Texan wrath.
- Keep to the right.
- This 10-mile trail of easy-riding crushed granite loops around Lady Bird Lake right in the center of Austin. It also passes by Barton Springs, the natural pool where you can cool off post-ride.
- Don't Instagram while running. Your pictures come out blurry.
- Try the American Built Clothing 5 bridge 5k challenge. Start under the I35 bridge and head west till the Lamar bridge and double back.
- Please keep your four-legged friends on a tight leash. Wandering critters cause accidents!
- The running trail along Lady Bird Lake is gorgeous and a perfect way to squeeze in some exercise amidst the beers, BBQ and tacos.
- Great place for a run!!
- Third Saturday of the Month come under the mopac bridge for a FREE relentless bootcamp.
- It's spring & there's no better place to start than the fun, gorgeous, simple to navigate trail around Town Lake. Walk, run, bike... whatever.
- 10 miles of trails border Lady Bird Lake in downtown Austin and serve as a social hub for runners, walkers and cyclists. A Memorial at Auditorium Shores honors the late bluesman Stevie Ray Vaughan.
- Highlights include: Stevie Ray Vaughn memorial, the interesting graffiti on the railroad bridge, thepedestrian bridge, &Zilker Park.
- If you like running, this is the place to go in ATX. It's close to downtown, easily accessible, & the skyline views are priceless. Visit the water-side trail for a taste of the outdoors in a big city.
- Park under the bridge at Stratford and mopac. Watch out for pot holes though.
- An energetic walk on the Lady Bird Lake Trail is the following step of your Perfect Day in Austin: take in the atmosphere of Austin's best loved park is perfect to work up your brunch appetite.
- If your dog takes a shit on the trail, please pick it up.
- Any day of the week this is a great place for a bike ride, jog, or stroll to clear your mind. Enjoy!
- The trail is open during ACL!