La Posada Hotel
303 E Second St
Winslow, AZ 86047
- The hotel is on Amtrak's Southwest Chief train line and its Turquoise Room restaurant serves up original recipes, such as coq au vin and French apple pie.
- This place is like eating and staying in an upscale art gallery meets historic museum. Beautiful grounds, comfy room, and fascinating art and historic interior.
- If you make it to Winslow, this place is a " must see"!
- The La Posada is a diamond in the desert rough. Masterfully restored, check out the art collections from resident artist and featured Smithsonian artist Tina Mion.
- Great experience. Courteous staff. Wonderful piece of railroad history. Great value for history buffs. Have to step up into the bathroom which could be a safety concern. Beautiful place to stay
- A stay is like a journey troutgh time
- Art Gallery, luxury, 1930 Railway Hotel
- The hand painted tableware in the gift shop is not to be missed. Reproduction plates, mugs, and bowls based off of what was used in classic dining cars.
- Enjoy the grand rambling building with a history lesson around every corner.
- Great historic building. Tonight there is a book signing event, Dawn of the Dinosaurs. La Posada has been great partnering with the park for these presentations! 7-9pm.
- I bought a hand crafted coffee mug here. There was a large gift shop.
- If you have a Tesla, they have 2 chargers to help you get to your next destination. And if you have a dog, they're pet friendly. The only place I'll stay at in the future.
- If you love la Posada please join the Fred Harvey Mary Colter Fan Page on Facebook.
- Here for Station to Station? Tag your posts #TrackSTS and they'll show up on http://stationtostation.com
- Fantastic place to stop and get a great meal and learn the history of Fred Harvey's hotels and how the current owners fought to keep this beautiful place alive.
- Killer vegetable is spicy but marvelous :)
- Don't forget about the great outdoor spaces!
- Hotel encantador
- Turquoise Room: great restaurant, top honors from Conde Nast
- Hermoso lugar !