La Gran Tapa
Tapas, Spanish, Music Venue
$ $ $
- Escargot is to die for.. Bartenders are simply amazing.. ;)
- The piano music is awesome! !!!!
- You HAVE to check out Tomcat Courtney on Tuesday nights! Best blues player in town!
- Absinthe drip! Impressive selection (Kubler FTW)
- Steal tapa is incredible but you can only get it after 6pm
- "Here's the Deal on La Gran Tapa" in this week's Reader
- No air conditioning here.
- Service horrible. Food did not taste good. Don't recommend it at all.
- Try the Calamares Fritos - One of many great plates. We also had patatas aioli, asparagus a la plancha, and gambas al ajillo.
- Great blues on Tuesday nights. Killer paella!
- Great food. Got the all meat paella and shared it with my girlfriend. The service however was very poor. The server we had was rude. Might have something to do with the 17.5% automatic gratuity
- Absinthe good
- The serving size on the lamb shank tapa was more like a whole dinner... Wow. Great spot to enjoy yummy food and captivating live music.
- Try the campo viejo reserva red wine... Fantastic
- one of my favorites since opening circa 1988
- Get here early on performance nights to grab a table. The ramp around the corner offers free parking if you spend more than $20 at La Gran. And order anything and everything you can with garlic aioli.
- Alfred is awesome! Great live music and atmosphere. Oh, and the food is good too :D
- Stick with red sangria. Tapas are so so. Flamenco show is entertaining...
- Best lunch special - 3 tacos & drink for $6 bucks...
- Went there on a Friday. Great atmosphere. Gotta have the daughters chocolate cake. Not sure if it's always on the menu though.