La Capitale Brasserie
$ $ $
- everything is good here
- You must try the desserts! Also, the cocktails are simply wonderful
- Get the burger! It's the best in Salem.
- Once again. Yum yum yum. Rob made a hazelnut martini and a special fruity one for my wife. My wife's fish was outstanding. As for me, still my favorite Burger.
- Roasted beets are yum! Pairs well with Logjam IPA, by Backwoods brewery in Bend, OR.
- The burger is amazing! Get it with Tillamook cheese and bacon, and you'll experience heaven!
- Escargot good, Mushroom burger terrific, sweet corn soup awesome, vegetarian bread pudding excellent and best fries ever but ask to salt them yourself (ours had a bit too much on them).
- The mid-day menu, 2-6pm is pretty good and and inexpensive.
- Our wines pair fabulously with the menu at La Capitale. Great downtown Salem restaurant.
- Some of the best cocktails in Salem.
- Beets and Mac n Cheese mmmmm. Best $17 meal I've ever had.
- Best. French onion soup. Ever. Made with beef broth, roasted Walla Walla sweets & baked-til-crusty gruyere cheese. Just watch the roof of your mouth - HOT!
- The absinthe service is amazing!
- chicken salad and creme brulee was fantastic.