Löwendenkmal | Lion Monument (Löwendenkmal)
Landmark, Outdoor Sculpture
Luzern, Luzern 6004
+41 41 410 43 40
- Is a must see monument when travelling to Lucerne. Just impressive how detailed it was carved into the rock.
- There's a scruffy old cat that walks around here hoping you'll throw it some food. Kinda reminds us of the lion in its scruffiness.
- Erinnerung der gefallenen Schweizer in der franzsischen Revolution
- , - !
- This was one of my most memorable visits in Switzerland! The lion has such history, and the sheer size of the sculpture is amazing! This is a must see, besides the Lucern Lake and the chocolate!
- It's possible to visit at night - minus the crowds, bathed in soft light, you'll likely have it all to yourself to soak in.
- Definitely worth the (short) trek to go see it. Impressive stone work.
- Inscribed: "To the loyalty and bravery of the Swiss". Mark Twain described as:"the most mournful and moving piece of stone in the world". I believe he was right
- Bring a polorizer so you can capture the lion's reflection off of the water
- It's a little off the shopping path but bring something to eat and enjoy sitting in front of the pool as you look at the monument.
- Soul stirring. Must-visit when in Lucerne.
- , ! must visit !!
- ! , , !!! #@***/@# !
- Love this place!
- If you want to know more about this sculpture, please check out wikipedia.org
- Right in the feeeels
- Very nice !
- Must see, must photo! Must selfie!
- No water in the lake but looks good