Other Outdoors, Pool, Campground
404 Krause Springs Rd (County Rd 404)
Spicewood, TX 78669
- If the weather is right, take a dip in Krause Springs, a hidden-oasis swimming hole complete with rope swing, sunbathing rocks, waterfalls, and a hidden grotto.
- plan to hike down to the rock area where the water fall is, agility is a must, love of a cold, cold swim necessary
- Drink some tequila, beer and maybe some shrooms...fck sht up Bebe!!!
- Prettiest natural springs for swimming with buddies or to just hang out!!
- No pets, no glass, no credit cards, but it sure is here, and Opie's barbecue is close distance. The pools are open 9 a.m. to sunset. $5 for 12 and older; $4 for ages 4-11; free for anyone under 4.
- Delightful little swimming hole and lots of fun for the kiddos.
- Very crowded on a summer weekend but still a really beautiful spot. Great swimming and great exploring. Wear water shoes - rocks are sharp and slippery. Prettiest place I've found in Texas so far.
- Take a stroll through the butterfly garden if you can.
- Smoke out the cave
- Just may be the best swimming hole in Texas. Only the hot springs in Big Bend can contend.
- No pets, no glass, no credit cards, but it sure is pretty out in Spicewood overlooking Cypress Creek and Opie's barbecue is within striking distance.
- Cliff jumping is ok but the water tends to very in depth back around there (im a local swimmer who goes there almost every other day)
- Sunbathe on the rocks. Swim in the waterfall. Jump off the rope swing. Meditate under a giant wind chime. Repeat.
- Incredible gardens and waterfalls, beautiful place to explore and swim
- Rocks with water pools, rocks to lay out on, float in the water, rope swing, waterfalls, it's all good.
- Very pretty. Cool waters. Not as busy as other swimming holes. You'll find some caves & a nice waterfall, but be careful - it's slippery. You may see a water snake on a quiet day.
- Cool waterfall, cold water, gardens. The rocks are very slippery.
- The detour is worth it!!!!!....
- Great camping spot. Try to get a campsite down @ the bottom, on the spring, and enjoy the hike to the swimming area.
- Really nice!