Korean War Veterans Memorial
Landmark, Memorial Site
10 Daniel French Dr SW (at Independence Ave SW)
Washington, DC 20024
- Dedicated in 1995, this memorial honors the U.S. military members who served in the Korean War (1950-53). More than 54,000 Americans were killed, while more than 100,000 others were wounded.
- 19 Statues: 14 Army, 2 Marines, 1 Navy, 1 Air Force. Each weighs~1,000 lbs. Reflected on the wall it creates the image of a total of 38 statues, symbolic of the 38th Parallel & 38 months of the war.
- Pay your respects to the soldiers that lost their life for freedom.
- Freedom is not free!
- 19 stainless steel statues. Each measures 73-76 tall & weighs 1000 lbs each. 164' long black granite wall has sandblasted onto it over 2,400 actual photos from war. More site info via<LINK>
- Gorgeous! Check it out....
- Check the Korean War Memorial out at night!
- Incredibly touching memorial and very thought provoking.
- No matter where you are there is one soldier statue looking directly at you
- One of the most powerful, haunting, awesome memorial I have ever seen
- My favorite DC memorial
- Bring your children...teach them about sacrifice.
- Look around you, there are always living veterans from every conflict gathered at this memorial.
- Leave a legacy, teach your children...
- one of the most powerful memorial I've seen.. breathtaking impression
- Another historic memorial on the runners' path
- My father was in the korean war. This is awesome
- Go at night w/high expectations VERY moving.
- Awesome during night time