There are a few perks to being able to cook a mean meatloaf. One is impressing anyone who comes over for dinner, especially when the dish is paired with some pasta and veggies. Another perk: leftovers. If you only cook for yourself, a big loaf of meat can feed you for an entire week. Check out this recipe that I stole from my mom, and feel free to add stuff to make it your own!
Prep Time: About 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
Total Time: About 1 hour 15 minutes
2.5 lb ground beef
1 small (8 oz) can tomato sauce
1 tablespoon garlic, diced
¾ cup bread crumbs
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Combine the ground beef, garlic, bread crumbs, egg, salt and pepper in large bowl with hands or a spoon.
Tip: If you choose to add extra ingredients (see below), sauté them before adding.
3. Form into a meatloaf-like shape and place on a greased baking pan.
4. Cook for 45 minutes or until brown and sizzling.
5. Pour tomato sauce over the meatloaf.
6. Cook for another 20 minutes.
7. Remove and let sit for 5-10 minutes so the juices settle.
8. Slice and serve!
Tip: You can add all sorts of ingredients to this recipe. Try sautéed mushrooms, onions, spinach, cheese and teriyaki or buffalo sauce!