The holidays are right around the corner, and with the holidays come house guests. My home is filled with out-of-town family for both Thanksgiving and Christmas. I'm not complaining one bit, I welcome it. Nothing beats the holidays with a home filled of love and laughter.
Let's not forget good food either! That's where everyone starts to fight over who is staying with me. They know they'll get fed very well. I like to keep meals as simple as possible. I always have to feed an army and this kielbasa breakfast skillet with eggs is the ticket!
It's cost effective and feeds 4-6 hungry adults, and you could probably get two extra servings out of the skillet if you cook the eggs on the side and then serve a whole grain bread and fresh fruit. If you’re hosting brunch, then I would recommend adding my favorite berry tart with lime glaze recipe and a spicy bacon bloody mary on the menu too! Then you’ll really have a fancy brunch spread.
As pictured, I only cracked four eggs, but you can easily get another two in the skillet! I like that I can have breakfast on the table from start to finish in just 30 minutes.
I've never been one for frozen potatoes until this past year. Now I always have them on hand. They are so versatile and made to use not just for breakfast. On the weekends, I always make a nice big breakfast, and I feel like breakfast is not complete unless there are potatoes involved; hash browns, breakfast potatoes, even potato pancakes!
I think you get my point; I must have potatoes! My husband loves kielbasa (we're Polish) so it's kind of a staple in our home. I always seem to have a ring or two on hand in the fridge. That's what makes this skillet so easy to put together! You can prep the onions and peppers the night before and the skillet will come together that much quicker!
If you’re hosting a breakfast or brunch, this kielbasa breakfast skillet with eggs is the perfect main dish that everyone will be asking for more!
- 1 ring kielbasa
- 1 32 oz bag southern style hash browns
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, divided
- 1 cup multi-colored bell pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon lawry's seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 organic cage-free eggs
- Cut the kielbasa in moon shaped 1/2" pieces. Place on the bottom of a deep skillet.
- Add the bag of frozen breakfast potatoes and 2 tablespoons of water.
- Cook with lid on, medium-high heat for 10 minutes, mixing every few minutes.
- Then add in 1 tablespoon of butter, diced bell peppers and onions along with the season salt, paprika, and pepper.
- Cook for an additional 10 minutes with the lid off on medium heat, mixing occasionally.
- Add in the parsley, then mix one last time, then make 4 "holes" in the potatoes allowing for a little bit of potato on the bottom of the skillet.
- Reduce the heat to low, then place each individual egg in the hole and place the lid on the skillet.
- Cook for 5 minutes, then divide the skillet by 4 and serve immediately.
- Top with additional fresh parsley if desired.