Kartchner Caverns State Park
State / Provincial Park
- Really enjoyed our tour, stunning images, hard to believe nature can create such beauty inside a cave. We'll be back to take the Big Room tour too
- Get reservations or wait to get in... hours.
- Great place to tour during the summer. It is too hot to do much outside here and its nice and cool in the caverns.
- Staff is great and the caves are a fantastic experience!
- From OCT 15 to APR 15 BOTH rooms in the cavern are open and can be toured at the same time. Otherwise one room is closed to tours due to seasonal use by a community of bats.
- The Rotunda/Throne tour is pretty frickin cool! If you can, go with Dave Ottens for the tour guide. Amazing! No photos allowed. No cellphones either.
- When I worked for the state, I wrote the wastewater treatment plant permit (for this location) to operate.
- The Throne Room tour is very cool!
- If you can only take 1 tour, do the Big Room. A greater sense of the expanse of the cave & info about the bats who roost there seasonally. If you go on Tuesday, take the tour w/ Bill Flower as guide.
- 'Live caverns' means...the stalactites and stalagmites are still growing, not having been contaminated by polluted human hands.
- Amazing place a true treasure
- Great people knowledgable guides. Can't be handstand which is ok. Taking kids make sure they understand
- Don't handle the snakes.
- Jennifer is an excellent guide
- A memorable experience! The formations in the cave are colorful and soothing music plays. Small restaurant with nice sandwiches and great gift shop.
- Can't take pictures! What they heck?
- Drive 40 mins & paid $6 to see cave only to be told tours have ended for the day. Guidebook did not mention a cutoff time to see the cave - disappointed.
- A must do for anyone who lives here or visits the area! Very beautiful taken care of caverns! A nice day trip! Gift shop, must have reservations in advance
- Cool cave tours that are very easy and accessible. Certainly worth the stop if in the area.