Kao Thai

Row 1

8650 Colesville Rd
Silver Spring, MD 20910
(301) 650-0660
$ $
Mon–Thu: 11:00 AM–3:30 PM Fri: 11:00 AM–3:30 PM Sat: 11:00 AM–10:00 PM Sun: 4:30 PM–9:30 PM

Foursquare Tips

  • Red curry is so precisely rendered that the lushness of its coconut milk dulls neither the heat nor the tang. Pad kaprow is a perfectly balanced combo of thin-sliced chicken and fried basil leaves.
  • Thai food heals.
  • This is definitely the best Thai in the area.
  • Seriously yummy food, but tiny restaurant.
  • Service needs to improve ...A LOT!
  • Chicken pad Thai ftw
  • Great lunch hour. The quantity and the food quality is spot on. Try the Panang curry it's thick and full of flavor. Great experience
  • The Dragon noodles are amazing. They already come with plenty of heat so be careful if you ask for more. Service was extremely quick.
  • A relatively recent addition to the Silver Spring restaurant scene, but it's already a critical darling for serving some of the most authentic Thai food around.
  • Panang Chicken Curry is great. Curry Puffs are too. Don't miss the Thai Iced Tea. #Bomdiggity
  • Best Thai food in the area!
  • somethings changed after the reopening...possibly the chef?
  • Just add basil to anything
  • We waited a long time for our food to come out but totally worth the wait.
  • Try papaya salads and bamboo chicken. They are delish!!
  • Ask for the hot peppers
  • Kao thai was really good, if you're going ti a show at the Fillmore, stop here for some food.
  • Trying other Thai restaurants in Silver Spring is a waste of time. Tried every dish on the menu, literally, 90% of the time satisfying, with the remaining 10% due to personal preference of taste.
  • Get seasonal at Silver Spring's year-old Kao Thai with a Pad Pumpkin stirfry that comes with your own choice of meat.
  • The best thai in ss