Kanella: Greek Cypriot Kitchen
$ $ $
- Check this place out for brunch. The authentic Cypriot breakfast consists of two olive-oil-fried eggs, grilled haloumi cheese, lounza (Greek breakfast pork) and crusty bread.
- Weve had the Cyprus breakfast, the roast lamb sandwich, and the rice pudding. Weve had brunch at other places, too, but as far as this meal is concerned, Kanella, we only have eyes for you.
- The katsaki alone is worth the trip, a hearty mlange of braised goat, orzo, eggplant, yogurt and salty kefalotyri cheese.
- awesome mediterranean brunch place. BYO-Champagne.
- Order the crepes stuffed with manouri cheese, drizzled with carob syrup...You won't be disappointed.
- Get reservations. They actually take and honor them.
- Delicious French press coffee!
- About those dips pray that the creamy, salty carp roe version is in the rotation on your visit.
- The Shakshouka - poached eggs and lamb sausage in a tomato and pepper stew with thick, toasty bread- is maybe the most underrated brunch option in Philly. No meal here is complete without Baklava.
- Dips of the day and goat stew. Can't go wrong.
- Chef Pitsillides keeps beaks and feet on squab whether you like it or not. His flavors and presentation are bold, and his veggie cooking is just as good as the omnivore stuff. [Eater 38 Member]
- HALOUMI!!! so so good. And Greek coffee medium sweet. Keep em coming.
- Chef Pitsillides is a big personality and bigger talent behind the fire. His honest, no frills head-to-toe cooking is fad-free and delicious. Get the dips of the day, no matter what.
- Try the Cypress Breakfast - So good I could only photo the empty plate. Also had grilled portugese sardines. Amazing!
- perfect meal = bread & tahini + octopus + pork cheeks + chocolate sticky toffee pudding
- Try the Cyprus Breakfast
- Awesome BYO brunch spot. Stick with the Cyprus breakfast and you will be pleased. Get a side of falafel too.
- I thought I didn't like Greek food until I ate brunch here.
- Dat breakfast. So good.
- Excellent greek food, very friendly the owner and chef. The portions of the appetizers are way too small for what you're paying, but every main course i tried was amazing. Try the octopus