With the New Year, gym memberships are at an annual high and juice cleanses are selling out left and right. And while 2015 will surely be filled with lots of new weight loss fads, there is one trend that should remain. Kale.
I know green juices and kale salads are “so last year” but after a season when we’ve already spent plenty of money on gifts and traveling, kale is one of the easiest ways to cut calories in your everyday life without breaking the bank. Get out your plastic bags and tupperware to do some completely “free” (thanks for the meal plan Mom and Dad) TDR shopping to make this easy recipe for guilty free snacking.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5-10 minutes
Total Time: 10-15 minutes
3 cups kale
1 tablespoon canola or olive oil
1 pinch salt
1 pinch pepper
And any additional seasonings you like, my personal favorites are garlic powder and parmesan cheese.
1. Pre-heat your oven to 275°F.
2. Lightly coat your baking sheet in oil to prevent sticking.
3. Chop kale into bite sized pieces.
4. Spread kale over the baking sheet and season to your liking.
5. Once the oven has completely heated, put the kale in the oven.
6. Bake for 5-10 minutes.
7. Once kale is dry and crispy remove from oven.
8. Season again and serve once cooled.
More food porn ahead:
The post Kale Chips: A Healthy Alternative for Your Guilty Pleasures appeared first on Spoon University.