- Beginning in 1848, Johns Grocery has been a staple of Iowa City. Being the only family market to continue through the Great Depression, history and tradition fill the aisles.
- Stand in awe of the walk in beer cooler
- Is this heaven or John's Grocery? Lovely beer selection!
- It's pretty incredible to go to a place and get lost just admiring the beer selection. One entire wall is nothing but Belgian ale.
- LOTS of drink options. They have a sale rack in the beer cooler with great prices.
- great alcohol selection and deli, and has all the basic groceries. open until midnight!
- Dirty John's has been around for decades, historic corner grocery store in Iowa City. They even brew their own beer and have one of the best beer selections in the region.
- HUGE beer selection with a good selection of Iowa beers as well. Both cold and on the shelf.
- Convenient for students living on the north side but without a car to go grocery shopping. I would have starved long ago if it weren't for john's!
- Great beer. Trying blonde fat ale.
- Great place to buy the weekend necessities while supporting a local business.
- If you go to the deli thinking you get a quick lunch, go somewhere else. Takes forever to get your food.
- Don't forget to check out Dirty Johns House if Glass next door in the house for an awesome selection of stemware and goodies.
- Check the board behind the deli to see what the daily lunch special is.
- Can we say amazing beer collection and cheese ball commercials