John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park
State / Provincial Park, Campground, Harbor / Marina
10250 Overseas Hwy
Key Largo, FL 33037
- This park comprises 178 nautical square miles of seagrass beds, coral reefs and mangrove swamps and is the first undersea park in the United States.
- Check out these vintage Documerica photos taken 40 years ago. Then take a photo in the park today (in the water or on the beach) and share it with our State of the Environment Photo Project.
- Interesting Fun Fact: This park was the first undersea park to be created in the United States, and visitors to the park can find miles of coral reefs, seagrass beds, and mangrove swamps.
- Check out the aquarium in the visitor center. And don't forget to leave a couple bucks in the donation jar to help keep the Keys beautiful.
- Great kayaking!
- There are way better beaches than these here but a lot of other fun activities: snorkeling tours, glass bottom boat tours, kayaking. Nature trails are nice if you stop and observe.
- Surprisingly good snorkeling off Cannon Beach - grouper, angelfish, snapper
- Cool place to kayak!
- Kayaking is a must do! Rent a double kayak and go for a marvelous ride in the mangrove trails :)
- Snorkeling, diving, and kayaking here are striking. Seagrass abounds - providing sanctuary for stingrays, young sharks, manatees, and herons. Bring a mask, snorkel, and fins so you won't have to rent.
- Incredible snorkeling, spectacular and warm water too! fish, barracudas, sharks, dolphins, rays!
- Be sure to ask whether the aquarium is open when you come by.
- have to try sup or kayaking! the trails were beautiful
- Snorkeling trip to see the Jesus stature is totally worth it!
- Walk into the mangroves along the path all the way down and the water will b shallow and if u get in (bairly a foot deep) u go on this long pipe about five inches wide
- Finally snorkeling on our final day.
- Blister beetles come out in swarms in March!!! Like a Hitchcock movie! Frightening!
- Schuhe am Strand sind Pflicht, sonst tun die Fe weh, wegen der vielen Steine.
- Nice beaches, cool kayaking, lots of trails. Relax or be adventurous
- Kayaking through the mangroves is an afternoon well spent.