Southern / Soul
- Look at all the different salt and pepper shakers
- The Coca Cola cake is some of the best cake I've ever had. A MUST do.
- You're gonna stand in line. Cherish that time. Cherish your feet. You'll leave with diabetes. delicious.
- Like everyone else said the coca cola cake and the fried chicken is amazing. The waitress was one of the best we ever had.
- There's no checking in on a waiting list...just a line around the corner on Wentworth St.
- The fried chicken is amazing! Come hungry!
- Try the pork chops, the pecan chicken sandwiches, what the heck try everything, you'll love it!
- The fried okra is the best ever!
- The owner of this place has to be the sweetest woman I have ever met. Love her and Jestine's - hope to return soon!
- If you dont get the banana pudding, you are makig the biggest mistake of your life! TDF
- Pecan fried chicken is exactly what fried chicken should be. And the fried okra- to die for! All this coming from a person not really into fried foods.
- Everything is amazing here. Bottomless sweet tea is bomb too! The wait is definitely worth it.
- Collard greens!!!!!!
- Go for meatloaf. Best I ever had. Yummy!
- Outrageous fried chicken! Collards and mac n cheese are my fav sides
- The bottomless sweet tea is the best tea in Charleston, which is why its on our list of The Tastes That Make the City: Charleston.
- Good food, very nice people, very reasonably priced.
- They have great southern foods. A must is their fried chicken or fried pork chops and fried orka. But you must save room for their wonderful Coca Cola cake. It was so good we eat there twice.
- The door sign says "Closed for Remodeling" but there is no evidence of any work being done.
- According to local television reports and the last patrons, Jestine's may reopen after the Jewish holidays or never again.