Seven Hand-Selected Craft Breweries Across the U.S. Create Limited Edition Beers Aged In Jameson Whiskey Barrels
NEW YORK, Sept. 8, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Recognizing those with a shared passion for quality and craft, Jameson Irish Whiskey continues its craft brewery partnerships with Jameson Caskmates Drinking Buddies. A collaboration with seven American craft brewers, Jameson Caskmates Drinking Buddies is the result of bringing like-minded individuals together with a common bond of creating superior quality beer and whiskey.
Returning breweries include Angel City Brewery in Los Angeles, Captain Lawrence Brewing Company in New York, Deep Ellum Brewing Company in Dallas, and Great Divide Brewing Company in Denver. Rounding out the final three collaborating breweries are Stoup Brewing in Seattle, Cycle Brewing in Tampa, and Fat Head's Brewing in Cleveland.
Inspired by the creation and end result of Jameson Caskmates, a one-of-a-kind whiskey born out of conversation and collaboration with local Irish craft brewery, Franciscan Well, Jameson took a similar approach and worked with the seven local breweries by giving them Jameson barrels to age their craft beer for a select period of time. The end result? Limited edition beers featuring hints of Jameson Irish Whiskey incorporated with their already distinct craft beer flavors.
The Jameson family motto, Sine Metu, means without fear, and the Jameson Caskmates Drinking Buddies program celebrates the fearlessness of each brewer as they continue to pursue their passions. The same spirit and tradition of the family motto lives on through the creation and partnership with the seven local breweries.
"Jameson Irish Whiskey has always taken pride in celebrating those who share the same passion and focus when it comes to their craft," said Sona Bajaria, Vice President, Jameson Irish Whiskey, Pernod Ricard USA. "Jameson Caskmates Drinking Buddies allows us to put the spotlight on these local craft brewers who ultimately embody the same spirit as our motto, Sine Metu."
Each Jameson inspired craft beer will be available in their respective market for a limited time only.
ACB Imperial Irish Red Ale
- Color – A rich mahogany-hued ale.
- Aroma – Huge ripe fig and toffee notes dominate the aroma, leading into flavors of light vanilla, molasses, black cherries and a distinct peppery finish.
- Flavor – Conditioned for 5 months in Jameson Irish Whiskey barrels, this beer has an indulgent yet subtle sweetness, full body, and warming linger.
- ABV – 16% ABV
Trans-Atlantic Imperial Red
- Color – Deep auburn color with red highlights.
- Aroma – Rich and malty aroma with hints of chocolate and citrus fruit.
- Flavor – Deep and rich as the sea, the Trans-Atlantic Red's natural taste combined with Jameson Irish Whiskey barrels gives this beer a deliciously complex flavor profile. Malt backbone, chocolate and coffee flavors highlighted by vanilla.
- ABV – 7% ABV
The Fascinating Bellman
- Color – The experience is a custom crafted light smoke, wood aged, deep brown ale with ruby highlights.
- Aroma – The aroma of bittersweet bakers chocolate and warm vanilla welcome a complex flavor of toasted chestnut. The smoke character shows a history not to be forgotten that fades then returns as the glass warms.
- Flavor – Oak Smoked Imperial Irish brown ale aged in Jameson Whiskey barrels. We select fresh hops and smoke a portion of malt with Texas post oak. The resulting ale is fit for members only.
- ABV – 7.8% ABV
- Color – Dark coloring.
- Aroma – Whiskey notes, chocolate, oak and leather aroma.
- Flavor – You don't know smooth until you experience the velvety, silky feeling and dark lager taste of The Smoothness. Roasted malt, vanilla and oak flavors.
- ABV – 8.5% ABV
Dublin Down Imperial Red
- Color – Chestnut color with golden highlights.
- Aroma – Rich and bold with notes of vanilla and toffee.
- Flavor – A rich, malty red ale with notes of caramel and toasted bread. The time in Jameson Irish Whiskey barrels adds a depth of richness to the beer and added structure, bringing happiness to the palate and warmth to the belly after each satisfying sip.
The subtle grainy sweetness of Irish malt is balanced by a strong addition of bittering hops and warming alcohol.
- ABV – 10% ABV
- Color – Dark amber to almost purple in color.
- Aroma – All malt, all day.
- Flavor – Brewed with 6 different caramel malts and just a little bit of chocolate to showcase the finer, sweeter side of the beer and the whiskey.
- ABV – 11% ABV
Strange Trip Barrel Aged
- Color – Aging in Jameson Irish Whiskey barrels for 6 months has pulled a subtle touch of cocoa beans, Marzipan and charred oak.
- Aroma – Inspired by flavors from an Irish Coffee.
- Flavor – A heady brew, hopped with perle, centennial and simcoe. The heavily roasted creamy flavor comes from the combination of flaked barley and chocolate malts.
- ABV – 9.4% ABV
For more information on these unique collaborations please visit https://www.jamesonwhiskey.com/us/our-culture/drinking-buddies.
JAMESON® Irish Whiskey. 40% Alc./Vol. (80 Proof). Product of Ireland.©2016 Imported by John Jameson Important Company, Purchase, NY
About Pernod Ricard USA®
Pernod Ricard USA is the premium spirits and wine company in the U.S., and the largest subsidiary of Paris, France-based Pernod Ricard SA, which employs a workforce of nearly 19,000 people worldwide and is listed on the NYSE Euronext exchange (Ticker: RI).
The company's leading spirits and wines include such prestigious brands as Absolut® Vodka, Chivas Regal® Scotch Whisky, The Glenlivet® Single Malt Scotch Whisky, Jameson® Irish Whiskey, Malibu®, Kahlúa® Liqueur, Beefeater® Gin, Plymouth™ Gin, Seagram's Extra Dry Gin®, Martell® Cognac, Hiram Walker® Liqueurs, Pernod®, Ricard® and Avión™ Tequila; such superior wines as Jacob's Creek®, Kenwood® Vineyards and Brancott Estate®; and such exquisite champagnes and sparkling wines as Perrier-Jouët® Champagne, G.H. Mumm™ Champagne and Mumm Napa® sparkling wines.
Pernod Ricard USA is based in New York, New York, and has roughly 850 employees across the country. Pernod Ricard USA urges all adults to consume its products responsibly and has an active campaign to promote responsible drinking. For more information on this, please visit: www.acceptresponsibility.org
SOURCE Pernod Ricard USA