Jaffa Gate (שער יפו)
- Walk through the Jaffa Gate to see incredible historical sites such as the Tower of David, the Clock Tower, the Turkish-Ottoman Sebil, and many more!
- Built in 1538 by Suleiman, the Jaffa gate was expanded in 1898 when Kaiser Wilhelm II of Germany visited Jerusalem so the German Emperor would not have to dismount his carriage to enter the city.
- Impresionante! Es como ir al pasado
- Note its right-angle to the 16th-century Ottoman walls. It was the only one of the Old Citys seven gates constructed this way, probably as a defensive measure. Read more at http://bit.ly/1iLmYRx
- Jaffa Gate is not the Palestinian territories.
- Israeli territory for ever!!!
- Try the Sahlab they sell from a cart there.
- Free tours with Sandemans co. Is awesome. So worth it. Two hours of very professional interesting guides. Tour is free but customary to tip!
- try the ticket office! Great deals for local tours of Jerusalem, Bethlehem and others
- Out of the 11 gates to the old city, only 7 are functional today!
- Algum do Brasil por Aqui???
- Dear foursquare- please stay out of politics. The Jaffa gate isn't in the Palestinian territories.
- " " . For free audio tours, use the app "The Old Jerusalem".
- Gets too crowded this week!
- Hire one of the private tour guides. It is worth every cent.