Iowa Memorial Union
Student Center, Auditorium, Concert Hall
- Join a student organization! Get involved with Dance Marathon, The 10k Show, or another service-based organization.
- Attend a Campus Activities Board comedian or movie night!
- Looking for somewhere to meet, eat, get involved in student organizations, catch a movie or concert? Look no further! The IMU has it all!
- Don't go in the basement.
- Tour the UI Museum of Art and take a look at one of the top University art collections in the country!
- Let's keep comments advertisement free
- A good place to study but it is cold in the lower level! Sometimes there are events that can be a bit annoying for someone who is looking for a quiet place. Overall, it is very comfortable.
- Joining student organizations is a great way to get involved. Especially dance marathon. It's a good way to help people out in need. The IMU also has other great student orgs you can check out.
- Lots of memories, saw Kings of Leon play here in 2007, Greek week events, political rallies, my college graduation ceremony was held here too.
- I'm shopping for Hawkeye apparel as thanksgiving gifts. Good prices.
- Not a bad place to watch the Iowa game in the main lobby. Comfortable chairs and four TVs on the wall.
- Grabbed a delicious double chocolate cake donut at the coffee shop. Daylight Donuts donuts are the best.
- Eat at the River Room for breakfast. It's delicious!
- Stop by the Center for Student Involvement and Leadership in room 145 of the IMU to find a student organization to get involved in that can help you find and develop your passions.
- Students can rent any conference room in the IMU for free. A very useful utility for finals, meetings, or organizations.
- Construction actually began on the current IMU building in 1924, after a fire and WWII interrupted daily activity at the old building.
- There are study tables on the third floor on the way to the art museum that are perfect for quiet studying
- Check out the RiverRoom!!
- Feed the ducks behind the IMU!
- A good place to relax. Also a good place to do some work.