Iowa City Public Library
Library, Movie Theater, Bookstore
- The kids' section is the best that I've ever seen. Kitchen play area, train tracks galore, and a big room in the back we use for running/playing in the winter! Plus, play equipment right outside!
- You can use the study rooms even though they're locked. Just ask a librarian for assistance.
- Free wifi and located in the heart of down town iowa city, the public library is a good place to stop in from the cold for a time.
- Just a great library.
- Honestly it is way nicer than the main library. In the second floor they have study rooms and computers if you need one. It is a great place to study.
- The librarians here are very helpful in helping you find books!
- Very good place to read, work, study, and there are alway interesting events there.
- UI students can get a library card for free with proof of address
- If you use the restrooms here, take note that there are video cameras in them and there is no hiding your bathroom activity inside. If this bothers you, don't use the bathrooms here.
- They have free wi-fi.
- The nicest public restrooms in downtown IC.
- they have a really excellent set of programs. Definitely recommend their programs for teenagers.
- The Children's Room is awesome
- Nice meeting space
- The most important thing to remember when you come here to study - sit as far away as possible from the snoring homeless men!
- They have the most comfortable furniture. If you are someone who falls asleep easily in chairs, you may want to stay away because you will for sure sleep all day.
- One of the best places to study during the day or weekend. Very nice ambiance, usually quiet with many open tables for studying. The only downside is that is closes early.
- They also have online downloads! Check it out!
- Homeless? Tired? The staff is kind to nappers in the 1st floor's comfy seating.
- Why pay for movie rentals?