Grocery Store, Gourmet
543 9th Ave (40th and 41st Sts)
New York, NY 10018
- Really great variety of imported cheese. You can buy spice/flour/etc by the SPOONFUL which is so convenient for people who only have time to experiment with cooking occasionally.
- Such an amazingly fresh and well-priced market. Take your time to enjoy every corner of this shop, and the excellent service of the purveyors. Absolutely love it here!
- Really great local shop filled with olives, peppers, olive oil, and spices. High quality local brands from Greece you can't find elsewhere.
- These guys treat you like family! Great selection of hard to find spices. Olives, coffees, nuts...No way you can leave with 1 item.
- Best almond stuffed olives and hummus
- Only place to go for bulk spices
- Everything. Fresh spices, Mediterranean dips, cheeses and coffee. The owner is extremely friendly and knowledgeable. This place is the first stop of 3 fantastic small shops.
- Great spices, grains, cheeses, huge assortment. Reasonably priced!
- Gothamist recommends homemade tzatziki, baba ganoush, hard meats and cheeses, and taramasalata
- Amazing selection of spices and flour, all available by the pound
- Cake flour is .99 a pound.
- Bulk curry powder is worth the stop
- Up there with being one of my favorites stores in the whole of New York!