Indianapolis Motor Speedway
Racetrack, Historic Site
4790 W 16th St (at Georgetown Rd)
Speedway, IN 46222
- Go to the Indianapolis 500!
- This track has been in existence since 1901. It is known as the first racing facility historically to incorporate the world, as well as the largest and highest-capacity sporting facility.
- Before you watch the new fancy cars race around the track, stop by the Indianapolis Motor Speedway Hall of Fame Museum to see some of the Indy 500s oldest cars.
- The 2.5 mile track is home to the largest (Indy 500) and second largest (The Brickyard) single-day sporting events in the world. The Museum displays former winning cars and is open 364 days a year.
- Greatest event in all of sports.
- Park in turn 3 (if you are early)
- Stop by the Chevy Racing display and get a lunch tote with check-in!
- If you're a motorcycle racing fan, there's nothing more exciting than MotoGP racing at the storied Indianapolis Motor Speedway! Trivia: Bikes raced here (8-14-1909) 5 days before the first auto race!
- Sign your child up for the IMS Kids Club. It's the best! You get so much for only $25 all year. Easter, Indy, 400, RBIGP, Hslloween and Holiday Party's!
- The Indianapolis 500 is a can't miss event every May. Attend the race and be a part of the largest one day sporting event in the world!
- CHEVY DRIVER APPEARANCES - 7/26 10:05 Burton, Patrick, Newman, Montoya, McMurray 1:00 Johanna Long 1:45 Menard, Stewart, Dillon, Johnson, Harvick, Kahne, Dale Jr. 4:15 Jamie McMurray 4:30 Paul Menard
- $5 for adults and $3 for kids. There are 75 automobiles to see from the history of auto racing and some interesting tools as well. This museum is popular for the auto racing fans.
- Screw Disney, this is the happiest place on earth. Ladies and gentlemen, start your engines!!!
- General admission infield seating (when available) is cheap and fun! Bring a picnic blanket and sit in the grass on the backstretch for NASCAR and the S turn for Moto GP for great views!
- Get drunk at Carb Day.
- Turn 1 is the best view out of the entire track. Sit there if you can.
- The 12 year-old at the track today is the 22 year-old in the infield 10 years from now and the parent of a new race fan years later. The Indy 500 is a memorable experience for each generation!
- Check out Ducati island at the Red Bull Indianapolis GP
- Established in 1909, the Indianapolis Motor Speedway has long prevailed as an icon of motor sports excellence. It is the world's largest spectator sporting facility.
- get a VIP on the pit side to get the sun and full action. Awesome views from anywhere.