Rock Club, Music Venue, Concert Hall
628 Divisadero St (btwn Hayes & Grove St)
San Francisco, CA 94117
- What a great venue -- small and intimate, but large enough that you'll get the occasional last minute show from a big name. Be sure to get on their mailing list to get last minute concert updates.
- SF Weekly's Best of Winner 2012 - Reader's Poll - BEST LIVE MUSIC VENUE
- If you get the opportunity, hit up the balcony all the to left. You're practically on top of the stage. Great spot for some wide angle photos of the band and the crowd.
- Great small live music venue. The Double Door of Chicago. Approx 400-500 capacity, unobstructed sight lines, great PA and sound. VIP section is designed nicely. Staff is friendly.
- My favorite club in SF. The sound is great, I can always see the band and the bartenders are solid. I'm usually here once a week.
- As an SF newcomer (three days!) this is my first concert venue in the city. Western Addition is a cool neighborhood, let's to keep you busy pre/post show. Venue is intimate with great views all over.
- Lots of BOD artists have played here! Love this venue--come before the bands get huge
- bring earplugs
- Great vibes w #TheWailingSouls that night ... Great Staff
- Gets hot and sweaty like an armpit so wear layers. 2 drink min at the bar (or $ only).
- Awesome place for up close shows!!
- One of the few venues that allow you to bring a DSLR camera for that kickass concert shot.
- One day I'll come here and people will be dancing. Until then you're all just too cool. Get over yourselves.
- I love going to shows at smaller venues & this is a great one. Slim's is still my love in life, but The Independent has more activity & dining options in the immediate vicinity.
- Nice and cozy. I like it!
- get real blazed and hit up nopa after.
- Drink the beer
- One of the most intimate venues to catch your favorite band play. I've been backstage here once too!
- Love this spot. Great sound and even greater staff. You'd be surprised how many clubs in SF treat their customers like they don't want them to come back. IE The Warfield. Keep it up, Indy!
- One of the oldest (and best) venues around. One night youll take a chance on a new band, the next youll see someone whos already a star. Either way, pray the place sells out so you snag a poster.