We love that pasta is such an easy food to incorporate into meals with other favorite foods, including fresh produce. When you add fresh fruits or veggies to a pasta meal, not only do you boost your nutrient intake, you can help support your local growers and farmers.
Our friends at MyPlate have recently launched a new program called MyPlate, MyState where you can find out the foods your state is famous for to easily add them to your meals. Each state also has recipes featuring these local foods that you can try.
Once you find your local foods, search our recipes page to find meals that feature those ingredients. By eating your locally grown specialties, you can show your hometown pride while eating a healthy meal.
You can show off your pasta meal featuring locally grown produce using the #MyPlateMyState on social media. For more information on the MyPlate, MyState program, click here.
The post Incorporate Locally Grown Produce in Your Pasta Meal appeared first on Pasta Fits.
- Meghan Markle Says Her Favorite Avocado Dip is in This Charity Cookbook
- Trader Joe’s Is Now Selling Candy Corn-Flavored Popcorn
- 50 States: 50 Spots: These Are the Top Natural Wonder in Your State
- America’s Best Old-School Candy Shops
- Shake Shack Is Selling Chicken Nuggets, and We Can’t Wait to Try Them