Huntington Beach State Park
State / Provincial Park, Beach, Campground
16148 Ocean Hwy
Murrells Inlet, SC 29576
- Calmer and cleaner waters than the rest of the strand. Love it here! If you are a local who loves the beach do yourself a favor and buy the annual pass!
- Wildlife watch for Great Blue Heron (Ardea herodias)
- As you enter the park, drive to the right for the beach with the lifegaurds only on duty during the summer months.
- This is a must see when you visit myrtle beach
- Photo Tip: To get the best photos of the abundant wildlife, you will need at least a 150mm lens.
- Photographers, joggers, anyone really, keep your eyes open, head on a swivel, ears alert, and be generally vigilant and watchful for alligators on the entry road and waking trails at this park!
- Great camping. Love the nature trails, beach, Atalaya and Brookgreen Gardens is just across the way. Love this place so much we've made this an annual Easter pilgrimage (5th consecutive year!).
- when you are on the segway tour you feel like paul blart
- Bring safe insect repellent!
- Beautiful beach. Be aware there is a long walk from handicap parking lot to beach for people with limited mobility.
- Beautiful place. Make sure you go when it's warmer!
- I luv the beach
- Amazing state park. Swampy and the ocean is right off the camp area. Such a clean park. Bathrooms are awesome.
- One of the highlights on my short stay in the Myrtle Beach area. Nice beach, Atalaya, marsh pier, and more to explore.
- Love this pristine & undeveloped beach, the wildlife, and the trails. Great place for a run.
- Beautiful, non-commercial stretch of beach, perfect for running.
- Great photo opps
- No need to go to Myrtle Beach. This park has a beautiful beach that is clean and not as crowded. Also has walking/biking trails, and wild life as well. Go during the week for lower admission fee.
- You have to pay per person