Childhood favorites coupled with BOOzy beverages to give adults buzzed nostalgia
Tampa, FL, Oct. 12, 2016 (RestaurantNews.com) Halloween candy is back on the shelves, and this year World of Beer, Inc. (WOB), doesn’t want adults to miss out on the seasonal tradition of sugar overload, so they’re sharing their tips on how to pair beer with candy.
“’Adulting’ should include beer, but should not exclude candy,” said World of Beer Director of Brand Marketing and Certified Cicerone Hannah Davis. “Pairing beer and candy, might seem unconventional, even scary, but by breaking down the flavors of each, you can see that pairing them up can emphasize their unique characteristics and really tie them together.”
Davis encourages beer drinkers to look for similarities in both the beer and the candy to emphasize the flavors in both. This year, add some tricks to your treat with these pairing ideas:
- Belgian Witbier — Pairs best with citrus candy like Lemonhead, Starburst or Orange Slices. The candy will bring out the citrus flavors in the beer.
- Amber Ale — Pairs best with candy that has toasted or caramel flavors like Heath Bars or Werther’s Original. The malts in the amber ale mirror the toasted, nutty, caramel flavors in the candy.
- Lambic — Pairs best with tart and fruity candy like SweeTarts, Skittles or Jolly Ranchers. Many Lambics are quite tart, so the contrast with the sweet fruity flavors helps to emphasize that tartness.
- Stout — Pairs best with chocolate, especially nutty candies like Snickers and Reese’s. Stouts famously have cocoa and deep nutty flavors from the malts, so chocolate complements perfectly.
World of Beer wants to take Halloween to the next level for years to come with these new pairings. We even asked our World of Beer “Drink it Interns” to share their favorite pairings with us:
- Alison Grasso: Twizzlers paired with an Evil Twin Brewing I Love You With My Stout (Imperial Stout)
- Ben Lolli: Peanut Butter M&Ms paired with a North Coast Brewing Co. Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout
- Jamaal Lemon & Shep Jenkins: Oreos paired with Atlas Brew Works Rowdy Rye Beer
Celebrating the popularity of craft beer and its culture, World of Beer has more than 75 taverns in 22 states. Each tavern has 50 rotating daily taps, so guests will discover something new and unique on every visit. Supporting local charities through fundraising efforts and in-kind and other donations is a key part of the World of Beer franchise.
World of Beer is the ultimate craft beer haven that offers guests a global beer experience right from the barstool. The original craft beer tavern complements its database of more than 30,000 beers with a signature tavern fare menu featuring a variety of elevated comfort food that provides the perfect marriage of food and beer for an unparalleled experience. Because, the way WOB sees it, guests should do more than drink a beer — they should drink it in. World of Beer encourages guests to drink in the moments they encounter at the tavern, whether it be through the bottle, the glass, the menu, the live music or the company. WOB offers the best craft variety on the planet to the beer aficionado and casual beer fan alike. Taverns are currently open in 22 states including AL, CO, CT, FL, GA, IL, KY, LA, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OH, PA, SC, TN, TX, VA and WI and will be opening soon in IN and OK. Visit www.wobusa.com.
*All trademarks are the property of their respective owners