How to Extract Pure Iron From Cereal
OK, so many of us might not be all that into cereal (except in the form of cereal milk), but here is a nifty trick to see just how much iron is in your daily bowl.
Step one: Get your cereal. Step two: Douse it in water in a plastic bag. Step 3: Put a very strong magnet on top of the bag, swirl around, and watch the iron collect.
Naturally, we don't recommend eating soggy cereal that's been sitting in water for an hour, but we imagine the same trick must work with milk, right? We would much rather waste cereal on cereal milk than mush. Granted, milk is a bit more viscous than water...
Watch the step-by-step instructional video below, just so you can weird your kids out when you show them all the little dredges of iron in their cereal. It might be a waste of a bowl, but totally worth it.
- Alton Brown Cooking His Steak With Mayonnaise Is Actually a Genius Hack
- Taste Test: Chick-fil-A vs. Sam’s Club Copycat Nuggets
- These Are the 40 Things Every Woman Over 40 Should Know About Her Health
- Kylie Jenner Just Had Cereal With Milk for the First Time
- Denny's New Mobile Relief Diner Is on Its Way to the Carolinas