Kimpton Hotel Monaco Washington DC
- Not good for wheelchairs!
- Did you know? The hotel is a restored all-marble 1893 Neoclassical Tariff Building. Pets are very welcome, or ask for a complentary goldfish for your room! -- Green Guide Editor
- The Old General Post Office was built in two stages from 1839 to 1866, the building is the work of Robert Mills and Thomas U. Walter, two of the most noted 19th-century American architects.
- Make sure and ask for a goldfish for your room!
- Eat @ poste. Top notch food
- Use the stairs! They have the world's slowest elevators and it's only four floors. The exercise will do you good
- Room service is reasonably priced AND fast-- and lounging in the animal print bathrobe over morning coffee you HAVEN'T had to make in the complimentary Mr Coffee machine (Jk) is a real treat!
- Complimentary wine hour from 5-6pm. Yes please!
- If you're reasonably dressed, quiet, and act like you're waiting to meet someone, the lobby is a great place to kill time with a book if you arrive early for evening plans.
- Make sure to find out if there is a wedding when you check in ... Will cause many rooms to be very loud until after midnight
- Friendly and super nice facility. Even the hallways are surprise and roomy.
- Try to avoid giving your card to the reception...they cashed me "by mistake" 2140 USD when my room was allready payed! Waited several days to have them back even they recognised it was their fault!!!
- Subject yourself to an email or two a month -- join the Kimpton InTouch program -- and get free WiFi plus $10 at the mini bar.
- Kimpton intouch program is great, but avoid a 1st floor basement room. One of the worst Kimpton rooms I've had
- I love the lobby here and the beautiful red couches. Free wine before 6pm if you're a hotel guest.
- Happy hour between 5pm and 6pm with complimentary wine!
- This hotel is fabulous. Excellent service and amenities. Seriously convenient to both the metro and Verizon Center. Right in the heart of Chinatown with lots to do! Go to Matchbox for lunch!!!
- Be sure and join the Kimpton In Touch Program!
- We love the spacious room with the shower and tub. It's so romantic! Don't miss wine hour from 5-6 PM! They serve hors d'oeuvres too.
- Cool design with some over decoration that works. Staff is somehow not friendly and a lil asshole attitude at the front desk.