Hotel del Coronado
Resort, Historic Site
- The hotel opened in 1888 as the largest resort hotel in the world and the first to use electrical lighting. It was declared a historic landmark in 1977. Rooms 3502 and 3327 are reported to be haunted!
- There are innocent children here. Spare them the sight of your Speedo. #DontBlowIt
- The Windsor Cottage belonged to Wallace Smith! She lived in Coronado and later married the future king of England who had to abdicate because she was, well, not a suitable Queen (among other things).
- sit on the Sun Deck patio, Oceanside, furthest from the hotel doors, near a firepit. order the sea and salt martini and sip while watching the Coronado surf.
- Stay in the main quarters of the Hotel Del.
- Am here now going to stay in rm 3372, the room haunted by kate morgan....let u know how it is if we survive
- This 28-acre beachside resort has hosted Benjamin Harrison, William Howard Taft and Franklin D. Roosevelt!
- The in-room hair dryers are toys.
- The Crown Room - They have a chocolate fountain.
- Being at the Del just makes me happy. It's like stepping back in time and relaxing at a gracious, beach hotel, complete with all amenities.
- I wrote TOH here. Take time to learn the hotels history so you can appreciate the decor. You never pass anyone without a huge smile- enjoying life. Enjoy some So Cal inspired classic rock on the deck.
- It's just so sick to have a drink, walk around, and own.
- ...feel the history!
- enjoy the sunday brunch. Everything is delicious! Lovely, elegant dining area. Great for big families.
- This place is beautiful! Awesome views, wine and architecture!
- Take a ride in the Victorian elevator
- The Hotel Del Coronado has hosted ten United States presidents, including the first state dinner held outside the White House in 1970.
- The 1500 Ocean offers a prix-fixe menu served from 4pm to 9pm. The price is $68-$82 plus tax and gratuity for adults, and $34 plus tax and gratuity for children.
- How can you not love this place! Try hanging out at the bar at 1500 Ocean at sunset on a warm day.
- Sun Deck Bar firepits are the perfect beach backdrop.