Scenic Lookout, History Museum
1500 Glenn White Rd.
Altoona, PA 16601
- Come check out the beautiful scenery and nice gift shop!
- Stop in the gift shop and purchase some nice clothing!
- If you are on the Amtrak heading West to Pennsylvania, be sure to get a seat on the left side of the train. Vice versa for the opposite direction. Have your camera ready!
- Wow! Nice pretty views!
- Ride the funicular and watch trains pass by on this 19th century engineering marvel.
- You have to leave the site to check in. There is no reception at the curve.
- The awesome views were very good and awesome. Staff are very friendly and helpful
- Set up shop and watch the trains go around the curve for an afternoon
- Excellent place to relax and watch trains!
- So cool much history so relax too! :)
- Reception is spotty so you should check in before or after your visit.
- 6 bucks to ride up the car
- Horseshoe Curve is a 3,485-foot (1,062 m), triple-tracked, railroad curve. It is close to 1,300 feet (400 m) in diameter and has a grade of almost 2 percent.
- Gotta go there Wow !
- $6.24 to get to the curve....geez!
- Very interesting place to take the family.
- Spent an afternoon w/Grandkids watching trains