Dam, Scenic Lookout, Bridge
- Hoover Dam was built during the Great Depression, between 1931 and 1936. The project employed thousands of workers, cost more than 100 lives and gave rise to Boulder City.
- Rumor has it touching the toes of the two 30-foot-high statues known as the Winged Figures of the Republic may lead to a prosperous day. Tip: Use all 10 fingers to rub all 10 toes.
- take pictures of the brand new bridge!
- Easy on the dam jokes. :-)
- I saw a documentary claiming this is where they're holding Megatron. I haven't found it yet...
- The dam tour is a damn good tour.
- This dam fuels all of Sin Citys action! Its also one of the largest dams in the world, so you have to see it to believe and grasp it.
- Deffinitly do the dam tour. It's awesome.
- It Is INCREDIBLE How MASSIVE This Place Is & How Much POWER Is Generated Daily!! 1 Of Our Most VALUABLE Landmarks!!
- Beautiful! Great place to visit. Stopped by the Hoover Dam while on a trip to Vegas! :)
- AZ and NV are in different time zones & the clocks on the dams towers reflect the time in each state. Since AZ doesnt observe daylight savings time the clocks are the same for much of the year.
- It was built in just five years - an impressive feat, considering the dam is made of enough concrete to pave a road from New York to California.
- Get engaged here it's AWESOME!!
- A special treat if you happen to be heading from the Grand Canyon to Vegas..
- Joshua's wants to visit where the government kept Megatron.
- Looked cool, but I didn't see Superman or any Transformers.
- Do the dam tour...damn it
- The dam is an easy 35 minute car trip from Las Vegas.
- If you ever drop your keys over the edge of the dam, let 'em go, because man, they're gone.
- Drive to the Arizona side and save $7 in parking