Hong Kong Bistro
147 Castro St (btw Villa & W Evelyn)
Mountain View, CA 94041
- Do not get the garlic bread. But get the coke float.
- Inexpensive. Signage indicates they only take Visa & Mastercard. And they dont appear to want to split checks between two diners (unsure about large parties)
- Food was alright. Didnt feel very authentic
- Really hits the spot for cheap Chinese food.
- A good late night option (just about the only one) before the last train.
- For someone looking for did close to authentic Hong Kong cuisine, my friend from Hong Kong swears it is good. However, there are extremely limited vegetarian options.
- Try the eggplants w garlic sauce, or fish fillet w black bean sauce.
- Their eggplant dish is delicious.
- Beef stew & wonton with egg noodles
- Scrambled eggs and shrimp chou fun is just okay...
- Pineapple fried rice is just okay..
- Tofu with sha-cha sauce is pretty good.
- Baked fish fillets rice with either tomato sauce or creamy sauce are pretty good. Very authentic Hong Kong-style food.
- The lunch menu combo is pretty good. With 10$ you can get 1 dish, soup and Ice lemon tea. The portion is not bad
- Baked pork chop with tomato sauce is the best.
- Doesn't close the doors on us even though we rolled in 15 minutes before close. Outstanding service. And crazy mixed menu guaranteed to hit the spot.
- Meh. Indonesian rice is bland.
- Avoid the seafood. Fish porridge and Singaporean noodles had fishy-tasting fish and shrimp. Not fresh!
- Hong Kong milk tea is pretty good.
- My place to go for late night dinner!